Of all of the available children's tablets out there, you'd be hard pressed to find one that appeals to both children and adults. Enter the Fuhu Nabi 2. This $199, 7-inch Android Ice Cream Sandwich-based tablet not only has a wide variety of kid-friendly apps, but its Nvidia Tegra 3 processor gives it the firepower to stand up to some of the top mainstream tablets. If you're tired of worrying about your tablet every time you hand it over to your kids, the Nabi 2 is a great choice. While not as high as the Barnes & Noble Nook HD (1440 x 900) or the Amazon Kindle Fire HD (1280 x 800), the Nabi's 7-inch 1024 x 600 display offers surprisingly crisp images for a children's tablet. While watching a trailer for "Iron Man 3," colors were vibrant with oranges and reds ripping across the screen as Tony Stark's mansion blew apart. The blue lights from Iron Man's suit were especially clear as they cut through the smoke of an explosion.
When connecting via Wi-Fi, the nabi is set up for children to go to sites with videos, music, television and movies they would enjoy. When going on a long road trip, you can get some movies to the nabi 2 to hold your child's attention. Following the guide below to rip purchased Blu-ray Discs and DVDs and put movies onto the nabi 2.
What you need for Putting 1080p Blu-ray/480p DVD movies to nabi 2 tablet
Windows PC (with Blu-ray Disc drive)
Mac/iMac/Mac Book/Mac Book Pro
External Blu-ray Disc Drive
Note: The below guide uses Blu-ray Ripper for Windows screenshots. The way encoding movies to nabi on Mac is almost the same. Just make sure you get the right version. The Blu-ray Ripper deals with both DVD and Blu-ray to nabi 2 video conversions. If you’d like to convert DVD to nabi, get money-saving DVD Ripper.
How to convert 1080p Blu-ray/480p DVD movies to nabi 2 tablet playable video
1. Connect an external BD drive to your computer if there is not an internal one. Place in source Blu-ray disc. To rip a DVD, just insert DVD to optical drive. Keep your computer networked to get the software strip copy-protections.
2. Launch the Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper software, click “BD/ DVD” icon to load 1080p Blu-ray/480p DVD movie from disc.
3. Select the main movie (usually the longest one). Set subtitles and audio language, if necessary.
4. Click on “Format” boarder, choose “Common Video >> H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as output format. This format works just fine when ripping DVD for nabi 2 tablet. When it comes to Blu-ray it exports 1080p video which is too good for nabi tablet to play with, so you need to customize the advanced settings as showing in next step for blu-ray ripping.
5. Customize output video for nabi 2 tablet to play in full screen without black bars. Click “Settings”, and set video and audio parameters:
- Video codec – H.264
- Size - 1024 x 600pix (exactly as the resolution of nabi 2 and thus plays best effect)
- Bitrate – 1500kbps (for better quality set 2000kbps or above, for smaller size set lower bitrate)
- Frame rate – 29.97fps
- Audio codec – AAC
- Sample Rate – 48000hz
- Bitrate – 96000bps
- Channels - Stereo
Click “OK” to confirm your settings. The Blu-ray ripper will remember your settings.
6. Press on the big Convert button to get the Blu-ray ripper start compressing and converting Blu-ray movies to optimized videos for nabi 2. Press “Open” to located generated MP4 movie.
How to sync converted movies to nabi 2 tablet
1. Plug the Micro USB cable from your computer to nabi.
2. A dialog box should appear asking you what you want to do with the new hardware. Select Open Device to View Files. If the box does not show up, you can go to Start Menu > My Computer and double click Removable Disk "No Name.”
3. Next, look for “Movies” folder, or create your own to organize the files you are saving on nabi. Select the files you would like to transfer from your computer by dragging and dropping movies into the folder.
4. Once all files have been transferred, safely remove your device: Click Safely Remove Hardware on the bottom right side of your computer screen, then click USB Mass Storage > Stop.
5. Open the ripped movies by going to the Gallery app on your nabi.
- Get 1080p Blu-ray movies onto Nabi 2 for children to watch on road trip
- How can you appreciate Blu-ray Content material on Western Electronic WD TV Live?
- Bluray to iPad 2 Conversion - watch Blu-ray movies on iPad 2
- Blu-ray to iPad 2 conversions can be faster with CUDA acceleration
- Put Blu-ray movies in Windows Media Center/ Windows Media Player
- How to do Blu-ray playback using Media Player Classic Homecinema