The nabi 2 is the first full-featured tablet made especially for kids. Powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 3 Processor and built on Android 4.0 ICS, the nabi 2 is the fastest, most powerful seven-inch tablet and provides unprecedented stability, power and speed like no other children's tablet. Besides state-standardized courses, nabi 2 also features kiddified Play that delivers from music to children's program, on-demand streaming movies to HD console-quality games.
You may also sync your kid’s nabi tablet with your computer so that all of your content can be accessed on both your nabi and your computer. For those long car rides and the “Mommy, are we there yet?” moments, it’s good to put some of your kid’s favorite movies on nabi, hand it to him or her beforehand. The nabi 2 tablet support MPEG-4, H.263 and H.264 videos naturally, and with 3rd-party app, it’s also possible to get movies off DVD and even Blu-ray Discs to nabi tablet. If you’re a great iTunes fan, here’s a way for you to strip the DRM protection and get iTunes movies and TV shows for your kids to watch on nabi tablets.
[Guide] Remove DRM and convert iTunes movies to nabi tablet supported videos
What you need:
1. DRM removal tool- Pavtube ChewTune ($29). Click to purchase the app or download a trial from here (Windows 7 only)- a trial puts watermark on converted videos. If you work with Mac, get ChewTune for Mac instead. The below guide uses ChewTune for Windows screenshots, the way encoding movies to nabi on Mac is about the same.
2. iTunes 10.5 or later. Before conversion you need to change iTunes options, set iTunes not to remember playback position.
Step-by-Step converting iTunes movies to 1024*600 H.264 video for nabi 2
Step 1. Run Pavtube ChewTune, click “Add” button on the main interface to import iTunes movies, or you may drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the software.
Step 2. Click “Format” and select an output format for conversion. It’s suggested you choose “Common Video >> H.264 Video (*.mp4)” for nabi 2 slab. This format works fine, but you can still make it better fit for nabi 2 in step 3.
Step 3. Customize output video for nabi 2 tablet to play in full screen without black bars. Click “Settings”, and set video and audio parameters:
Video codec – H.264;
Size - 1024 x 600pix (the Nabi 2 has a 7" capacitive screen with 1024x600 resolution, setting exactly as the resolution of nabi 2 ensures best effect);
Bitrate – 1500kbps (for better quality set 2000kbps or above, for smaller size set lower bitrate);
Frame rate – 29.97fps;
Audio codec – AAC;
Sample Rate – 48000hz;
Bitrate – 96000bps;
Channels - Stereo
Step 4. Click “Convert” to create DRM-free iTunes movies. The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies in background. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed. When conversion completes, click “Open” to locate the DRM-free movies. Then you can sync iTunes movies to nabi tablet via USB connection or wirelessly via nabi™ Sync.
Transfer DRM-free iTunes movies to nabi 2 via USB connection
1. Plug the Micro USB cable from your computer to nabi.
2. A dialog box should appear asking you what you want to do with the new hardware. Select Open Device to View Files. If the box does not show up, you can go to Start Menu > My Computer and double click Removable Disk "No Name.”
3. Next, look for “Movies” folder, or create your own to organize the files you are saving on nabi. Select the files you would like to transfer from your computer by dragging and dropping movies into the folder.
4. Once all files have been transferred, safely remove your device: Click Safely Remove Hardware on the bottom right side of your computer screen, then click USB Mass Storage > Stop.
5. Open the ripped movies by going to the Gallery app on your nabi.
- Sync iTunes movies and TV shows to nabi 2 tablet/Strip and Convert iTunes video to nabi 2
- Play DRM-protected videos and movies on Google Nexus 10
- Best settings for Surface - download Digital Copy movies to Microsoft Surface RT/Pro
- How to transfer DRM protected iTunes M4V to Microsoft Surface RT/Pro
- How can I view purchased Amazon WMV on Surface RT/Surface Pro with best settings?
- Sync iTunes to Nexus 7 - Enjoy iTunes M4V on Google Nexus 7 when father-son camping