It is well known that television episodes, films downloaded from iTunes Store are included DRM usage restrictions. That’s why we often see people looking for solutions to remove DRM copy protection from iTunes videos. For example,
“I want to copy some iTunes videos to my Kindle Fire HDX 7, so that I can watch them on my tablet when I travel out of the country for work. I learned that first up I have to strip out DRM copy protection from my videos. But I have zero knowledge on how to do this. I'm just reaching out to you guys to see if anyone has come up with something because I know I'm not the only one that could use a feature like this.”
Here is how to remove encryption from iTunes videos and turn that DRM copy-protected M4V file into a regular MP4 file for playing on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 or 8.9. The software we will use is Pavtube Chewtune. It lets you bypass DRM protection embedded in your iTunes video rentals and purchases, and repack them to another DRM-free format for using with a non-Apple device (like Kindle Fire HDX, PS3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, etc.). Here's how it works:
How to turn iTunes video into MP4 for Kindle Fire HDX 7 and 8.9?
1. Launch Pavtube ChewTune with iTunes closed. Once the program is open, you can add iTunes videos by clicking “Add video” or “Add from Folder” icon. In the top left corner of the application.
2. Select the output profile for the type of video you want to create. Actually, Pavtube ChewTune features optimal format preset (MP4) for Kindle Fire HD tablet, you can choose it from Format bar > Android column > “Amazon Kindle Fire HD (*.mp4)”.
3. Click “Convert” button to start.
4. Wait for the conversion (actually, it should be called recording) to finish, during which you won’t be able to use iTunes.
Important notices during the recording process:
1. Please don’t use iTunes during converting, or an error may occur.
The recording or converting requires assistance from iTunes, so you can not turn off iTunes until the task is completed. Also, don’t let your computer stand by, sleep or lock screen during conversion, otherwise a failure may occur.
2. It’s highly recommended to use iTunes v10.5.0/10.5.1/10.4.1. The program may not support latest iTunes adequately. Click to download iTunes 10 from Apple official site.
3. This product cannot convert unplayable iTunes files (damaged, unauthorized, etc.)
4. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
Using the recoding mode, this process will take the length of the movie, but it's something you can set your computer to do while you are away. The “Shut down computer after conversion” option makes things much easier and much more acceptable.
- How-to: Play Amazon Instant Video on Microsoft Surface 2/Pro 2 smoothly?
- Watch and Play iTunes Music/Videos on Nokia Lumia 2520
- Play iTunes M4V Movies on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
- Convert iTunes M4V movie, Amazon WMV Video and Digital Copy to Nexus 5
- Turn iTunes video into MP4 for Kindle Fire HDX 7 and 8.9
- Transfer DRM-locked files (e.g. iTunes Video, Amazon Video, Digital Copies) to Galaxy Note 3